It’s raining, it’s cold, and it’s making us a little depressed. We need to find ourselves a little something to keep us company while we wait for the storm to pass. (Insert New Yorkers scoffing at our rain as they deal with their current blizzard. They’re jealous.) This Bailey’s and hot chocolate tiramisu recipe looks like it’ll do just the trick.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup hot water
What you do:
- Start by adding 2 tsp of hot chocolate mix to hot water, and stir till dissolved. Then add in the Baileys.
- In a double boiler, whisk (by hand) very quickly and continuously 2 egg yolks and sugar till combined and the mixture lightens and becomes the texture of runny pudding. (Try not to over cook the eggs. If you do they will look more like scrambled eggs.) Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk (with your hand held electric beaters or electric whisk) 2 egg whites till they form stiff peaks. Once done, set aside.
- Fold the mascarpone cheese into the egg yolk mixture. When the cheese is well combined and creamy, fold it into the egg white mixture.
- Using 2 mugs, place 3 ladyfingers at the bottom of the cup. Generously brush with the hot cocoa Baileys liquid. Next spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the ladyfingers. Then sprinkle with hot chocolate powder. Repeat process 2 times. On the last round end with the ladyfingers and place on top of them either hand whipped heavy cream or canned whip cream.
- Top with mini marshmallows, a dusting of hot chocolate mix, and a wafer straw.
pictures and recipe via Pham Fatale