Warmer days are ahead and that means major grubbing on our summer faves (our summertime fine diet can hold off for a little bit longer anyway). And what better way to kick off the amazing weather than by dragging out our dusty and neglected BBQ for a little grilling action. Prepare yourself for awesomeness provided by Eat Drink Daily.
- 5 sweet corn cobs, leaves and silk removed
- 70gm butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp brown or white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Fresh coriander and more lime for garnish
- Place corn in a large saucepan with water and bring to boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat the butter with spices, salt, sugar, garlic and juice of 1 lime in a small saucepan or pan. Let it dissolve completely and turn off just as it starts bubbling. Mix thouroughly.
- In the meantime, heat the BBQ or grill to high and spray with oil.
- Drain the corn and rinse under cold water to allow it to cool down for easier handling. Using a large, sharp knife cut the cobs in three equal parts.
- Place the corn on the barbecue or other grill plate. You can also do it under the oven grill. Brush the corn with the butter mix all over, you can toss it in the butter in a large bowl if you don’t have a brush. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Take the corn off the grill and layer on a serving platter. Drizzle with more fresh lime juice, sprinkle with a little sea salt and fresh coriander.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Number of servings (yield): 15 mini cobs