Earlier this week, we went to El Rey Theater
(yes, again) to see Bombay Bicycle Club
. I was so tired from going to Magic Marketplace
that I left my driver’s license at home and my tickets were on will call. Fortunately, a text photo of my ID sufficed, after about an hour of my mother not being able to figure out how to do that. HA. I digress. Bombay was phenomenal, The Darcy’s opened in a short but very sweet set, Lucy Rose opened AND played with them (you guys should seriously consider her joining on full-time.
Basically, I’ve just become president of the Bomby Bicycle (fan) Club.
- Bombay Bicycle Club sounding exactly, if not better, than they do recorded
- British accents, even though I had no idea what they were saying #whocares
- Clap-happy and sing-a-long crowd, but in the good way, of course
- Playing tracks off their first album plus my favorite new tracks
- Lucy Rose joining them on stage
- Encore-ing with “Shuffle” (if you can remember, this song was highlighted here
- Getting the set list – this time it was the lighting kid’s so it’s fully complete with his notes #score
(complete set list: How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep / Your Eyes / Bad Timing / Open House / Dust on the Ground / Leave It / Lights Out, Words Gone / Rinse Me Down / Ivy & Gold / Evening/Morning / Cancel on Me / Lamplight / Beggars / Magnet / What You Want / Always Like This / The Giantess > Emergency Contraception Blues
Shuffle / What If)
-“I hope it was worth the wait, because it was worth it for us.” Oh, having to wait this long to pop my seeing-Bombay-Bicycle-Club-live cherry was well worth it.
Weight is coming off, Soaring high,