Alcohol and chocolate? Go figure. Beer and brownies are two of our favorite things and together they create an adults-only summer treat that’s not-so-surprisingly amazing. Since you’re probably dying to try this fudgey glory from the beer gods, we should probably stop yakking and get on with The Foodie Crush’s recipe of Chocolate Stout Brownies, or what we call Boozy Stout Brownies.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup stout
- 10 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
What you do:
- Preheat oven at 250 degrees F. Prepare a 9″ X 9″ baking pan with aluminum foil allowing foil to hang over the edges and spray with cooking spray.
- Bring stout to a boil and reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside to cool.
- In a double boiler or a small bowl atop a small saucepan filled with 1 inch of water, melt chocolate chips and butter over high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a medium bowl and cool slightly. Add sugar, vanilla, salt and stout and mix well with a whisk or wooden spoon. Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined before adding the next egg.
- Fold flour into mixture and pour into baking pan. Bake for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 2 hours or overnight to firm up for best cutting. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe and photos by The Foodie Crush. Check out this blog for brownie making tips.