We’re living bohemian dreams and being as free-spirited as the wind in our latest lookbook. So of course, we had to make a few awesome dreamcatchers. Here’s how you can make one, too:
What you need:
- Suede fabric
- Embroidery hoop
- Glue gun
- Needle + Thread
What you do:
Note: To make your dream catcher, you’ll only need the inner frame of the embroidery hoop (i.e. the part that does not have a screw attached to it).
- Cut out a strip of fabric that’s about 1 inch wide. You’ll be wrapping the fabric around the embroidery hoop, so the length depends on the size of the hoop.
- Wrap the fabric strip around the hoop and secure with hot glue. Use as many strips as needed to cover the entire hoop.
- At this point, you can start to decorate the center of your dream catcher with twigs! Use hot glue to attach the twigs. Feel free to add as many as you like!
- You can also begin to embellish the circle of the dream catcher with twine, feathers, etc.
- To make the bottom portion of the dream catcher, cut out a few more strips of fabric. The size and number are up to you!
- Use hot glue to attach the ends of the strips onto base of the hoop.
- For extra decoration, string a few feathers together by threading a needle through the base of the stem each feather. Once you’ve added enough feathers, you can stitch the end of the thread onto the base of your dream catcher.
- Hang your brand new dream catcher up on a wall and enjoy!
- Or make a bunch and let them flow freely in the wind.
Free at last,