Let’s face it, it’s tough stuff decorating a dorm/bedroom. It’s easy to just to sit back and do nothing, I mean, you’re gonna have to pack everything up anyway at the end of the year. But with all the schoolwork you’ll be doing, it’ll be nice to have a room that doesn’t look like it belongs in a mental institution. Don’t let all your photos and miscellaneous/precious belongings get left forgotten and dusty in a drawer under your bed. Decorate like you’re gonna stay there forever. But you’ll ask, “where do I even start?” And we’ll say as per usual, “Don’t worry, we got you.”
What you need:
- Mod podge
- Magazine clippings
- Structured paper
- Fabric scraps
- Old photographs, letters, and other meaningful pieces
- Wall adhesive (dorm room safe!)
- TS Floral World Lantern
Total: under $20.00
1) Cut out cool and colorful clippings from old magazines and fabric scraps to decorate the clothespins. Paint the mod podge directly onto the pins as well as over your
clippings for a true mod podge flare.
2) Add a little twist to your old photographs with patterned borders, florals and custom cut outs.
3) Using your wall adhesive, string the twine over your desired locations along the wall and pin each memory onto the twine.
4) We loved the look of the 3-D wall butterfly used in the Set Free moodboard, so we decided to make a replica using scrap/magazine paper and card stock to make it more stable.
5) Step back and watch as your roomies/dorm mates gaze in wonder at the awesomeness you’ve created.
Home at last,