1. Faux leather band or trim*
2. 5-6 fake ostrich feathers
3. Gold chain
4. Glue gun
5. Needle + thread
6. Bobby pins
*You can purchase this at your local fabric store. Feel free to use any ribbon or trim that you’d like! Just be sure to choose something that’s on the thicker side. You’ll need the head band to be sturdy enough to support the size of the feathers.
1. Measure and cut a piece of leather trim so that it fits all the way around your head. Make sure to add an extra 2-3 inches so that the ends overlap.
2. Next you’ll need to figure out how you’d like to position the feathers. We spaced our feathers about 3-4 inches apart. Use a glue gun to attach the stems of the feathers onto the back side of the head band.
3. Attach the gold chain to the front side of the band with a needle and thread. Feel free to loop or wrap the chain however you’d like! Stitch the thread through the loops of the chain to secure it to the head band.
4. Use bobby pins to secure the ends of the leather band together. You can change the size of the band by adjusting how much the ends overlap. Now you’re ready to enjoy your new feather headdress!