Look – if we could go to the beach every day we would. There’s nothing better than feeling cool, rushing waves crash over your feet after walking across hot sand. We love soaking up the sun (while wearing major SPF, of course) and the perfectly tousled waves that salty beach air gives us. Lucky for you, we have an awesome DIY sea salt spray so you can get that fresh-from-the-beach look, even if you’re landlocked.
Here’s all you need:
- Spray bottle
- 8 oz of warm distilled water
- 1 tbsp finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of a moisturizing or leave-in conditioner
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of aloe vera gel
Here’s what you do:
- Combine all the ingredients in your spray bottle and shake it like a Polaroid picture to make sure everything is blended.
- Wait until the mixture has totally cooled and spray it all over your hair.
- Scrunch your hair from the ears down to help add texture to your hair, and the spray will do the rest.
- You can spray your awesome new mixture on wet or dry hair, just make sure you shake it before each use!
- Prepare for millions of compliments on your beach babe waves. You mermaid goddess, you.