Have YOU heard of Alex Cherry? Well, if you haven’t, here’s your chance to get to know one absolutely amazing artist. With his surreal artwork and eye-catching images, his pieces allow us to open up our minds and use our imagination to see things that we would never see in everyday life. We are in awe of his talent and so honored to be able to get to know Alex Cherry just a little bit better.
1. First off, tell us a little about yourself. (Age, hometown, etc.)
Born in ‘86 and raised in Los Angeles.
2. Take us through a typical day for you.
I wake up around noon, procrastinate, and eat. Every once in a while there’s a picture to be made.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from when creating a new piece?
Music, film, and pop culture in general. I am absolutely shameless when it comes to culling inspiration.
5. How would you describe your style of art?
6. Which artwork are you most proud of creating?
A piece I am releasing on November 1st called “I AM A GOD”.
7. Have you ever dabbled in other forms of art?
I have done fine art and music production in the past, and am currently working as an editor/filmmaker.
8. What do you like to do in your free time?
“A master in the art of living draws no distinction between his work and his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.” – François-René de Chateaubriand
9. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to? What song do you currently have on repeat?
Everything! My favorite right now is “King Push” by Pusha T. Love him.
10. In another universe, what would you be doing other an creating art?
Nothing. I’d be really good at it.
11. What do you think is the most challenging part of your artistic process?
12. Are there any exciting projects coming up for you in the new year?
November I will be releasing a new picture every day on my site, for a show called “XXX”.
Check out all our musician/artist interviews here!