So pretty much we’ve found all of our childhood dreams all tossed together in the form of a pasta….?! We didn’t think it was possible either, but lo-and-behold: a rainbow pasta. And yes, it’s just as awesome as it sounds.
What you need:
- 1 lb dry spaghetti, linguni (pictured), or other favorite pasta
- Food coloring
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (for Parmesan clouds)
What you do:
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package instructions
- While pasta is cooking, combine about 2 tablespoons of water and 20 drops of food coloring in a large Ziplock bag. Use however many colors you prefer.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and them immediately run cold water over it in a strainer or colander to halt the cooking.
- Transfer the pasta, portioning it as you go, into the bags of food coloring. Then seal the bags, and mix the pasta and food coloring until well-combined. Let each bag sit for at least 1 minute.
-Then, one color at a time, transfer a bag of pasta back to the colander and rinse with cold water to remove any extra food coloring. Then transfer the pasta back to your original pot. Repeat with remaining colors of pasta. Toss all of the colors of the pasta together to combine the colors.
- Parmesan clouds: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet covered with Silpat mat or parchment paper, place about 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese in an even circle. ( You can use a cookie cutter to help shape the circles if desired). Bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges just begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
recipe via Quick Dish