Memorial Day Weekend means sales, and of course, parties. Brought to you by our favorite cheese lover in crime, Jess of How Sweet Eats, this Spicy Beer Queso with Chorizo and Black Beans dip has our names allllll over it. Get ready to dip and repeat as many times as your body can handle.
What you need:
1/2 pound chorizo
1 large shallot, diced
1 small jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/2 red pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups of your favorite beer
1 (8-ounce) block of cream cheese, softened
12 ounces of white cheddar cheese, freshly grated
1 cup of black beans
sliced scallions + cilantro for topping
What you do:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Remove any casing from the chorizo and add to the skillet, using a wooden spoon to break apart the sausage until it is in crumbles.
- Once it’s cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add olive oil, peppers, shallot and garlic with a pinch of salt. Stir well to coat. Let cook until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add beer. After a few minutes, stir in softened cream cheese and continue stirring until it’s melted.
- Once it is creamy, add in the white cheddar, stirring again until melted and reducing the heat to low. Stir in the black beans and sausage, then remove from heat and serve immediately. Top with scallions and cilantro if desired.
photos and recipe by How Sweet Eats
Yes. We just took your Memorial Day weekend to a whole ‘nother level. You’re welcome.
Cheese and beer can do no wrong,