Let’s be real. The best part of Superbowl Sunday is the food. Actually, when is food not the best part of something? Yeah, we thought so. As we prepare ourselves for a lot of shouting at the TV, endless beer drinking, and constant shit-talking on the team you don’t want to win, we’re also thinking about what we want to stuff our faces with. Thanks to Shawn from I Wash You Dry, we’ve got an awesome recipe for Macho Nachos.
What you need:
- 6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can o chili (your favorite brand works)
- 1/2 cup sliced, pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
What you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, Fahrenheit.
2. In an oven safe pan or baking sheet, lay half of the chips, ten top them with half the can of chili, 1/2 cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering: chips, chili, then cheese.
3. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
4. Quickly top with the black olives, jalapenos, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions.
5. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!