Ever been in the terrible dilemma of deciding between pizza and burgers? Now you don’t have to. Yep that’s right, Ree of The Pioneer Woman Cooks has taken two of the most delicious comfort foods known to man and combined them into one magnificent creation that is the pizza burger. This deadly combination has our mouths watering and our stomachs growling, we can practically feel a food baby already. Definitely the perfect hangover cure. Check out the awesome pics and 10 easy steps on how to make your own pizza burgers below. Now the only question left is, how have we never thought of this before?
What you need:
- Ground beef
- Italian sausage
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce
- Red onion
- Green bell pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Canned mushrooms
- Kaiser rolls.
What you do:
- Use your hands to knead the meat together in a bowl. Add in some Italian seasoning and knead it around until it’s all combined.
-Form the meat mixture into patties…
- Then cook ‘em in a skillet over medium-high heat until they’re totally cooked in the middle, Maynard. Cook it for several minutes on the first side, then flip it over to the other side.
- Lay some very thinly sliced red onion, a ring of sliced green bell pepper, a good amount of sliced black olives, and a pile of mushrooms. You can never have too much cheese, so feel free to add another slice!
- To facilitate the melting of ingredients, cover the top with a lid for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the rolls in a separate skillet with a good amount of melted butter.
- Spoon a generous amount of marinara sauce on both the bottom and top half and sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese.
Images via The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- Remove this cheesy deliciousness from the skillet and place on the marinara covered buns.
……and we think you can handle the last step on your own
For more detailed instructions and ingredients, or to check out some more awesomely delicious recipes, check out The Pioneer Woman Cooks‘ Blog!