So you’re going to fashion week and you are so excited, you are hyperventilating on the daily. It’s cool, girl..we got you. Behold the ultimate ThreadSence guide to the ultimate Fashion Event of the Year, from what to wear to how to get that street style photographer’s attention to surviving what may be the craziest week of your life. Lehgo.
Bright colors and fun prints are where it’s at. Choose tops and bottoms that make a statement and grab people’s attention..in the best way possible of course. The bolder, the better, but mix and match your prints and colors wisely.
You guys, it’s hella cold in New York, and if you’re California people like we are, be prepared to freeze your tail off. That being said, layer up as much as possible with the chicest coats around a la TS, especially if you choose to wear a dress. (And remember, dresses can be layered, too.) Choose pieces with as much originality as possible. You will be among the best dressed kids in the world and you want to Stand. Out.
We all know shoes and accessories make an outfit. Pile on your jewelry, like seriously, PILE it on, rock stand-out accessories, and wear only the most killer shoes. Shop all our NYFW essentials and have fun!
Tips for Getting Your Picture Snapped by A Street Style Photog
1. Two words: on trend. Street Style photogs are always on the look out for the hottest trends to feature and photograph, so wear a hot item, and you’re golden.
2. Color! Color will not only catch the photog’s attention better, it always photographs better (win, win situation here), so skip the all black ensemble and throw in a few pops of color.
3. Overaccessorize. If you think you have too much on, add another piece. Seriously.
4. It’s all about the details. Don’t let your hair, lipstick and nail polish go without a little bit of attention.
5. Let me just say, if you’re going to splurge on one thing, one thing at all, it better be the sexiest pair of shoes that you (now) own.
Tips for surviving fashion week
1. Plan every single outfit ahead of time and pack them all together.
2. Start every morning with a big breakfast – it could be the last time you eat all day and a grumbling stomach just isn’t cool.
3. If you’re heading out for a day of shows, make sure to bring a snack. If you have the gift of high metabolism and breakfast just wasn’t cutting it, bring along granola bars.
4. Avoid all the free booze. We know, we know, you think we’re crazy, but seriously, being tired and bloated just isn’t fun.
5. It may be tempting, but don’t be the last to leave a party. Get some sleep, you’ll thank us later.
Have fun and good luck everyone! If you end up wearing TS, send us photos! Oh, and say hi to Anna for us. ha.
NYFW Is Around the Corner!