Tips & Tricks to Having a Blasty Blast at Bonnaroo 2012
1. Bonnaroo has about seven stages, spread out allllll over. The names are hella confusing. For example: Main Stages: What Stage and Which Stage and Tents: This Tent, That Tent, The Other… like literally, Bonnaroo could not have made them less confusing. Ha. Try nicknaming them for your entire group so you don’t have a Dude, Where’s My Car moment the whole weekend, especially if you’re under the influence.
2. If you get lost, and you have a convo that goes something like this, “What stage are you at?”…”You’re at What stage?”…”Which stage?”…”No, are you What Stage?”…”No, This Stage.”…”Which Stage?”…”This Stage!”…”Where’s That?”…”That stage is over to the left.”…”No WHERE ARE YOU?” …don’t be afraid to be sponateous. You might end up at the right tent and discover your new favorite band, even if you were trying to get to this tent…or was is that tent?
3. Wear comfortable shoes. Bonnaroo is effing gianormous. 4 days. 7 stages. 700 acres. Literally. You will be walking more than anything – do not wear anything that will make you crippled after one hour.
4. Have a meeting spot in Centeroo at specific times if you get separated. (At midnight, we will all meet at location A.) There are 100,000 people there, so there is a very large chance you will lose the rest of your group. Stay calm. Don’t freak out.
5. If you do freak out and are in near panic attack mode, there are phones for emergencies are available at the Info Booth in Centeroo. But seriously, don’t freak out.
6. Many weekends you could find us yelling “Hell no, H2O.” Bonnarroo is definitely not one of them. Stay hydrated. Stay alive. Every faucet at Bonnaroo is safe to drink from – Tennessee’s got good, good water. Free water is not hard to find, so refill, refill, refill. You have no excuse. If you are a germa-phobe, extra-extra filtered water is found in the fountains.
7. Sunscreen is your BFF. Lather that ish on. 90 degrees got nothing on you.
8. There are General Stores around the place, with everything that you probably forgot or didn’t expect. (Aunt Flo always comes at the wrong times, we know.) Check them out! Bonnaroo has got your back.
9. Check out Superjam: It’s an alotted time where a bunch of people from bigger performing bands get together and just jam! You won’t know who will be there ’til you get there, but who cares? It’ll be epically epic and it will definitely be a one-of-a-kind experience.
10. Make friends! It’s Tennesee, ya’ll. People are nice and ish. You may learn about the best food and bands from them, so show some hospitality.
Bands TS Would Definitely See If We Were Going:
- Bon Iver
- The Shins
- ?uestlove and very special guests
- The Temper Trap
- City and Color
And with that, have fun you Bonnaroovian you! Check out our Festival Fashion if you have no clue what to wear & stay tuned for a playlist, especially for you kids who will be rockin’ out at home this weekend. We’ll be right there with you.