This Thanksgiving we’re all about feasting on all the good food and making new memories with our sometimes-pretty-cool extended family, but whether or not you’ll be eating your weight in turkey, mashed potatoes, and pie or avoiding the entire family gathering in the living room, let’s give ourselves a little form of entertainment and amusement with a Thanksgiving drinking game, shall we? Here are the rules:
- Take a drink every time you find the adults fighting like children.
- Chug it every time more than one relative asks, “Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend yet?”
- Chug it when you have to explain a) why you are a vegetarian/vegan, b) you’re on a gluten-free diet, or c) what a paleo diet is.
- Take a drink when someone asks for the smallest slice of pie. (Seriously, you guys. Why would you want the smallest slice of pie….)
- Chug it when someone asks, “So, now that you graduated college what are you planning to do with your life?”
- Take a drink when you find THAT family member doing something that he/she is famously annoying for.
- Take a drink if you find someone sleeping before, after, or during dinner – snoring is a plus.
- Take a drink when someone says “I’m gonna go on a diet starting tomorrow.”
- Chug it when you start hearing the family gossip making its way around your mother and aunts.
- Take a drink if you hear someone yell at the TV during the football game (or, you know, whenever someone catches the ball, it all depends on how you’re feeling that night).
So take a look around the room. This is your family and this Thanksgiving you’re definitely going to be needing that drink (or two) in hand. You’re welcome.
Cheers! Rage responsibly,